Learn Tarot Online FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is Tarot?
The Tarot is a set of cards, usually consisting of 78 cards, which has been used for centuries in one form or another for understanding yourself and the world around you.
They have been frequently used for divination and fortune telling, although the best use of them is to understand your challenges, where they came from and explore potential options to move forward.
I am of the opinion that very little is fixed and we can shape our lives and destinies by the thoughts we have and the actions we take.
Tarot can help with:
- Tapping into your own intuition and inner wisdom, so you can “know” with laser sharp accuracy when something is right for you.
- It can help confirm your own feelings as to what the correct next steps are for you.
- You can consider an “alternate future” to the one which is currently unfolding and make better, more informed choices for yourself.
- See some light at the end of the tunnel, when all looks dark, bleak and hopeless around you. It can bring some hope, optimism and encouragement to your life. Often that will be enough to open up your own inner resources such as creativity, problem solving, intuition and the ability to notice a different way forward.
- If you have a difficult choice to make, the tarot can help you to safely explore different options- before you rush in and commit yourself to something- so you can choose for yourself the path that is better for you.
- Show you the energies around you and indicate what maybe blocking you from having the success you deserve or from moving forward. Very often it will also show the ways to overcome the blocks. The biggest blocks can be in allowing success, money, happiness and love to flow into your life
- The tarot can indicate people you are dealing with where maybe you need to be extra careful or situations where you need to read documents more thoroughly before making a commitment
- It is a fantastic opportunity to take control of your life and to make changes, that need making, ahead of life making them for you
What Tarot isn’t
- Tarot does not tell you categorically what is going to happen in your life, as you have ultimate control over the direction of our life
- It does not offer you fixed, unchangeable things that you can do nothing about. Beware of people offering readings who tell you that things are fixed and rigid and are going to happen no matter what you do.
- It cannot give you specific advice and it cannot make decisions for you
- It is unlikely to predict death, doom and destruction and other things you can’t do anything about, apart from worry about their arrival
Where does the information come from?
I believe we all have "helpers" in the Universe, which can be called by a variety of names. I also believe there is a Universal source of energy which we can all tap into.
All the answers we will ever need are either within us, or we can tap into them. This is a bit like a Universal bank where everything is stored and when we are "plugged into" our source energy, we are in tune with ourselves and we can allow wonderful things to come to us.
I would always set an Intention that we are both safe and protected and that the information that comes through is most useful to you and for your highest good.
What can readings tell you?
Any reading can be coloured by your current thoughts, feelings and experiences and the cards reflect this. In terms of outcomes, what the cards indicate is the general direction of your life- if you did not make any changes.
How do you explain potentially scary cards?
Tarot cards are a visual tool with pictures on them. Whilst some of the images can look a little scary, there is nothing inherently good or bad in any of the pictures.
Some of the images can portray great challenges, however those can also be our periods of greatest growth.
I am often asked whether the cards predict physical deaths, accidents, doom and destruction and other things you can do nothing about.
My answer to that would be NO, they don't. Stay away from anyone who is giving a FIXED, CAN'T BE CHANGED prediction. There is very little that is "FIXED". Things may happen to us, over which we have no control, however we always have a choice of how we react.
Words are so powerful and when spoken with authority from a person who “knows” can become a self-fulfilling prophecy.
We attract and create what we focus on and fear and worry bring things to us faster than almost any other emotions.
What is the best way to learn to read Tarot cards?
There are numerous ways to learn to read Tarot cards and to understand the meanings, layouts and interactions between the different cards. Some people learn best by just laying out the cards and noticing what feelings or impressions they receive.
Other people learn best by studying from a book. We have an excellent e-book course that can help you if that is your preferred learning style.